Thursday 9 November 2017

Fabric Postcard with Inktense

I finally got creative. It seemed to take awhile since my return to Mesa.

I created a black line drawing of a Arizona Mesa-like mountains design. Traced that design onto fabric using a fine sharpie black pen. Layering with batting and stiff tear-away stabilizer I created a sandwich that I free-motion stitched the pen lines with black thread. 

Where the shapes were on the fabric I coloured in the areas using Inktense pencils. I then activated the dry Inktense by misting the project with water. Notice how the ink colour intensifies!

Now I need to fuse on a blank backing that includes a label containing my name and the location of the image. I would like to make the back look like a regular postcard back. Remember those?  We used to mail them to each other when we were on holidays!  Now we FaceBook and Blog!!


The black-line drawing with tear-away stabilizer (bottom),
batting and fabric layers ready (left to right top).


Here I have free-motion stitched on the sandwich.


Then I began colouring the shapes with Inktense pencils.

Here it is all coloured in with dry Inktense pencil.

After misting the Inktense it causes the ink to become set into the fibres and is very vibrant!

Recap - Black-line master to Inktense postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment